Brief Bio: S. Laurel Weldon
Weldon (University of Pittsburgh, 1999) is Distinguished Professor of Political Science at Simon Fraser University in Canada. She is incoming co-editor of the American Political Science Review (2020-2024). Previously, she held a Distinguished Professorship at Purdue University, where she served as Director of the Purdue Policy Research Institute, founding Director of the Center for Research on Diversity and Inclusion, Interim Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and (very briefly) Acting Provost. Professor Weldon’s work focuses on: the role of social movements in influencing public policy; violence against women; representation; women, work and poverty; and diversity and inclusion. She was founding co-editor of Politics, Groups and Identities from 2011-2018. She specializes in comparative research that is global in scope. Recent awards include the Award for Best Book from the Human Rights Section of the International Studies Association. She has consulted for international organizations such as the UN and the World Bank and has worked for national, local and Tribal governments.
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Dr.
- Vita, Bio and Contact Information
- Selected Articles
- Policy Briefs
- Politics, Groups and Identities
- Diversity and Inclusion in Social Movements Research Group
- Purdue Policy Research Institute
- Center for Research on Diversity and Inclusion
- Newspaper, Television and Radio Interviews
- Working Papers
- Interdisciplinary Research and Communication
- American Political Science Review