Brief Bio: S. Laurel Weldon
Weldon (University of Pittsburgh, 1999) is Professor of Political Science at Simon Fraser University. Previously, she was Distinguished Professor of Political Science and Director of the Purdue Policy Research Institute (PPRI) at Purdue University. She is co-editor of the journal Politics, Groups and Identities and was founding Director of the Center for Research on Diversity and Inclusion (2012-2015), Interim Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs (2013-2014) and (very briefly) Acting Provost (2014). Professor Weldon’s work focuses on: the role of social movements in influencing public policy; violence against women; representation; women, work and poverty; and diversity and inclusion. She specializes in comparative research that is global in scope. Recent awards include the Award for Best Book from the Human Rights Section of the International Studies Association. She has consulted for international organizations such as the UN and the World Bank and has worked for national, local and Tribal governments.
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Dr.
- Vita, Bio and Contact Information
- Selected Articles
- Policy Briefs
- Politics, Groups and Identities
- Diversity and Inclusion in Social Movements Research Group
- Purdue Policy Research Institute
- Center for Research on Diversity and Inclusion
- Newspaper, Television and Radio Interviews
- Working Papers
- Interdisciplinary Research and Communication